Friday, May 11, 2012

Moved to IT Management role in February 2011

Dear All,

It has been a long time, I wrote an article on this blog. I last wrote an article on 6-September-2010. Due to my tight schedule & to settle in my new role, I hardly had any time to write an article on this blog.

In February 2011, I have moved to an IT Management role as "Project Manager - Midrange, Databases & Oracle ERP Applications" where in I was leading the Oracle ERP practice at Gazzaz (Saudi Arabia) & to manage, lead and supervise the Oracle ERP Applications team. Here, I had the end-to-end responsibility for database, storage, UNIX, backup operations & projects. One of my primary responsibilities also includes, managing a team of DBAs supporting mission-critical Oracle, Microsoft SQL Server & Oracle E-Business Suite databases. Within 6 months of joining due to creation of a new position, I was promoted as "IT Manager & Head of IT Operations" to lead a major business transformation at Gazzaz & its subsidiaries. This includes the implementation of Oracle ERP and the development of new business models, directing & managing the IT functions and activities in the company through the development of IT Strategies, Objectives and Policies, as well as monitoring the implementation of IT systems in order to ensure the provision of reliable, secure, high performance, cost effective IT services. Responsible for technology operations & data management. Operate a heavily outsourced environment with significant vendor management accountabilities. Responsible for the day-to-day operations of the IT Support Team that includes assigning tasks, prioritizing work, resource management & resolving staff issues. 

For years I have been a Unix Administrator, Oracle DBA & DBA Manager. I have been writing topics & articles related to Oracle Database Administration & some system administration topics in a DBA perspective.

From now on I will be writing articles related to IT Management, IT Strategy, Remote Infrastructure Management, Cloud Computing, Virtualization & emerging trend in IT.

Cheers!!!

Khwaja Imran
www.khwajaimran.com


No comments: